So far my first few days of ROW80 is a success. I spent a bit of time seriously considering what reasonable goals are to me, and having a talk with M about what is reasonable for our lifestyle overall. I am particularly blessed in that M is extremely supportive of my writing dreams, and he agreed on the proposed shifts in things. That done, I actually did do what I had scheduled for myself. I outlined both the plot and the MC for the short I have going this week. I did a LOT of research on what I needed to know for this as well, and actually started writing the initial scenes – about a third of the way done. The deadline for this is July 15, so I am not on schedule for my terms. The focus for the rest of the week will be about word count. Normally when I start writing, the first thing I do is to go back and edit what I did yesterday – checking that I am still following the same outline, or making adjustments as needed then add new. Since I am writing a short and already have the outline, this time I intend to plow through to the goal (5k) in the next couple of days and then edit. It feels a little like having one hand tied behind my back to try to do it this way, but I think since it is so short, it will be better overall.